The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown, PA

Archive

December 6, 2013

UPDATE: Man hurt in West End fire.

JOHNSTOWN —

A West End man was injured early today when gasoline vapors from a motorcycle he was repairing apparently were ignited by a natural gas heater in his Mystic Court garage, officials said.

Johnstown Fire Chief Anthony Kovacic the man, who was the only occupant of the garage and attached home, made it out on his own after flames broke out at 12:43 a.m. today.

“He was out when our crews arrived on the scene,” Kovacic said.

Damage to the home and garage was severe, Kovacic said.

The victim was taken by ambulance to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center.

Additional details are not yet available.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Poll

What is the biggest key to reducing gun violence in Johnstown?

Tackling the area's drug problem.
Controlling folks moving into city housing.
Monitoring folks in treatment centers and halfway houses.
Tougher sentencing by the court system.
More police on the streets.

     View Results
Order Photos


Photo Slideshow

House Ads