The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown, PA

December 6, 2013

UPDATE: Man hurt in West End fire.

Randy Griffith


A West End man was injured early today when gasoline vapors from a motorcycle he was repairing apparently were ignited by a natural gas heater in his Mystic Court garage, officials said.

Johnstown Fire Chief Anthony Kovacic the man, who was the only occupant of the garage and attached home, made it out on his own after flames broke out at 12:43 a.m. today.

“He was out when our crews arrived on the scene,” Kovacic said.

Damage to the home and garage was severe, Kovacic said.

The victim was taken by ambulance to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center.

Additional details are not yet available.