2. Dude, what’s with the Pirates’ Z? (7,660 views)
It was the hand sign that signified – well, no one was quite sure what it signified. That’s how it became the No. 2 most-clicked story of the year. The “Zoltan” sign shared by the Pittsburgh Pirates during their rallying 2012 season apparently came from slacker comedy “Dude, Where’s My Car?”
“It’s just kind of our team way of bonding, I guess,” said second baseman Neil Walker in July.
1. Crews paint over dead raccoon on Franklin St. (45,508 views)
Surely, the No. 1 most-clicked story on tribdem.com must be a poignant and stirring exposé – a story molded by the nuance of our local culture and an honest critique of the human condition. Unromantically, it was a photo of a road-killed raccoon sporting a bright yellow stripe – courtesy of PennDOT – that came across our desks in August. With our latest viral sensation came an onslaught of social media traffic and a clear-cut No. 1 most-clicked story of 2012 – by nearly a 40,000-vote margin.
- After 65 years of marriage, Robert and LaVerne Werner die hours apart (3,073 views)
- 12/21/12: Doomsday? ... or just another day? (3,253 views)
- City cops kill driver, wound 2 others (3,295 views)