Six earn promotions at St. Francis
St. Francis University in Loretto has announced the following promotions:
• Marian Bender of Ebensburg has been promoted from humans resources manager to director of human resources.
• Michael Blaisdell of South Fork has been promoted from network administrator to director of network services in the information technology department
• Christopher Lytle of Nanty Glo has been promoted from corporal to sergeant in the university police services.
• Monica Shedlock of Nanty Glo has been promoted from research analyst/organiza-tional development assistant to assistant director of human resource and institutional research.
• Sherri Toth of Ebensburg has been promoted from graduate education programs coordinator to associate director of graduate education programs.
• Rob Young of Hollidaysburg has been promoted from director of government relations of grants and foundations to assistant vice president of government relations, grants and foundations in the university advancement office.
Forest Hills graduate a partner in CPA firm
Doug Robinson, formerly of South Fork, has been named a partner with the global accounting firm of Ernst & Young, one of the largest public accounting firms in the world.
Robinson, a certified public accountant, has been with Ernst & Young since January 2013 after having spent more than nine years with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
Robinson was the first inspector hired by the PCAOB’s Division of Registrations and Inspections in May 2003. Prior to the PCAOB, Robinson spent eight years with fellow Big Four firm, KPMG, as well as three years in the high-tech industry.
In his current role at Ernst & Young, Robinson is in the Quality & Regulatory Matters group with a focus on the firm’s regulatory activities. He is planning on moving into a role with the firm to assist the worldwide firm with regulatory matters.
Robinson is a 1988 graduate of Forest Hills High School, Sidman, and a 1992 graduate of the University of Notre Dame.
He and his wife, Pam, live in Dunn Loring, Virginia.