Metzgar appointed to House committees
Rep. Carl Walker Metzgar, R-Berlin, has been appointed to the Commerce, Consumer Affairs and Environmental Resources and Energy committees.
The Commerce Committee originates legislation and oversees implementation of programs that affect Pennsylvania companies, in addition to business and banking law.
The Consumer Affairs Committee works for the interests of consumers in public utility regulation, credit practices and fraud, and landlord and tenant issues.
The Environmental Resources and Energy Committee is responsible for legislative oversight for more than
45 different environmental laws in the state. It is administered by both the Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
Metzgar said the committees were organized for the first time in this session.
Cambria farm agency holds reorganizational meeting
The Cambria County Farm Service Agency Committee held its reorganizational meeting as follows:
Robert L. Beyer, chairman; Dennis Hines, vice chairman; Mary Lous Smithmyer, member; and Jack Skebeck, first alternate.
Duties of the committee include:
• Informing farmers of the purpose and provisions of agency programs.
• Keeping the state FSA committee informed of local administrative area conditions.
• Recommending needed changes in farm programs.
• Participating in county meetings as necessary.
• Performing other duties as assigned by the state FSA committee.
Information: 472-5501, ext. 2.