Pitt cruises to championship in Brooklyn
Lamar Patterson's 24 points led five players in double-figure scoring as Pittsburgh routed Stanford 88-67 in the championship game of the Progressive Legends Classic on Tuesday night.
- Penn State shuts down Monmouth
Pitt men dominate Texas Tech
Pittsburgh had been known for a long time for its tenacious defense and it hasn’t stopped even with the emphasis on new rules that have made it harder to cover people than in the past.
“Defense is how you separate yourself,” Panthers senior forward Lamar Patterson said after scoring a career-high 23 points in a 76-53 victory over Texas Tech on Monday night in the semifinals of the Progressive Legends Classic.
Pitt hoping for better bowl
No offense to the fine people who run the BBVA Compass Bowl, but Pittsburgh offensive guard Ryan Schlieper doesn’t want to spend the final football game of his career hanging out in Alabama again.
A win over Miami (Fla.) in the season finale on Friday would take care of that and then some.
- Special teams issues hurting Penn State
- Williams scores 40 in Red Flash win
- Penn State shoots its way past Longwood
- Pitt squeezes past Syracuse
- Nebraska edges Penn State
- UPJ outlasts Cal to capture PSAC volleyball title
- More College Headlines
- Pitt cruises to championship in Brooklyn