It’s a bit amazing to me how only the secular, humanistic people should be allowed to voice their opinions in the public square. Especially when Christians have the audacity to use Scripture for the basis of their opinions.
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness.” II Timothy 3:16
We all have opinions, but if they aren’t based on God’s teachings, they are pretty worthless. Truth be told, many people don’t want God or his holy word incorporated into their lifestyles because it places restrictions on what kind of lifestyles should be lived. People enjoy living in sin and don’t want anybody, including God, to tell them how to live their lives.
To filter this into the political arena, isn’t it unbelievable that at the Democratic national convention, the party had mass confusion as whether to mention God in their platform or to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?
The reason our country has been and is still being blessed by God are exactly those two issues: Our unabashed love of God and our love and friendship toward Israel and the Jewish people.
The Democratic Party reveals its disdain for God when it allows immoral sins such as abortion and homosexual marriage to carry themselves forward as honorable entities in the party platform. And this current administration has been anything except friendly to Israel’s cause.
Wake up, Democrats. Your party is reeking in red spiritual flags.
Upper Yoder Township
Crystal-balling an Obama second term
President Obama and his supporters are very reluctant to identify his plans for a second term. This is not surprising when one considers the items he has started in the first term and also discussed in his autobiography. These items are very radical and completely outside the values this country has held dear for two centuries. A potential list may include the following:
* A single-payer health-care system.
* Amnesty for illegal immigrants.
* A carbon tax on utilities.
* Stricter gun control.
* Many new taxes (most affecting the middle class) – value-added tax, higher capital gains tax, revised estate tax.
* Cutbacks in our nuclear arsenal.
* Loading the Supreme Court with ultraliberals.
* New taxes on oil companies to pay for imaginary “green” projects.
* Decriminalization of recreational drugs.
* Release of many captured terrorists.
* Forcing banks and employers to lower their lending and hiring standards to accommodate unqualified individuals.
* Forcing public housing integration of the suburbs.
It is no wonder that Obama is keeping his plans secret. They are not popular with the majority of this country’s citizens.
Hopefully, a significant number of voters will wake up and restore our country’s values on Nov. 6. If this does not happen, our children and grandchildren will live in a very different America than the one my generation was fortunate enough to experience.
Frank H. Spriggs Jr.