For millennials, out-of-wedlock childbirth is the norm
This month brings us yet another reminder that, for young Americans, having children outside of marriage is very much "the new normal," as The New York Times once put it.
The Internet has changed how we curse
Relatively recent technologies — cable television, satellite radio, and social media — provide us with a not-too-unrealistic picture of how often people swear in public and what they say when they do.
VIDEO | Mood experiment on Facebook
Internet users are incensed at the revelation that Facebook researchers manipulated the content some users were shown in an attempt to gauge their emotional response.
Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation
Pop songs (generally) stay in one key, are in 4/4 time, last between three and five minutes, are organized into chunks of four or eight bars, have a repeating chorus played two to four times, include the title sung at least three times, and feature short melodic fragments that repeat a lot to help everyone to remember them.
- Shakespeare in the park | Band of Brothers will stage ‘The Winter’s Tale’ at Stackhouse
A messaging app that doesn't use words at all
About 10,000 people have signed up for usernames for a chat app that isn't even out yet: Emoj.li. It's an instant messenger app that uses no words at all — not even "Yo" or "Hodor!" Instead, it employs only emoji icons.
- Look at the spectacular events for holiday weekend
- Wall-to-wall exhibit | Retrospective of 90-year-old’s paintings on display at Loretto museum
- Look what's happening this weekend
- Allied Artists exhibiting best works in summer show
- More Features Headlines
- For millennials, out-of-wedlock childbirth is the norm