- High School Sports
- Berlin, Meyersdale clash in WestPAC
- Somerset defense has been solid
- Central Cambria sweep LHAC cross country meets
CORY ISENBERG | Fall sports coming to an end
The autumn leaves are cascading to the ground and the fall high school sports are moving right along.
Conference and district champions have already been crowned in golf, which heads to PIAA regional action this week.
The West Region Class AA championships are set for Wednesday at Tom’s Run Golf Course at Chestnut Ridge Resort in Blairsville.
- Forest Hills doubles team headed to states
- Rams, Hilltoppers tangle in city battle
- Rams, Comets matchup highlights Week 7
- VIDEO | Investigation begins after Windber incidents
- Cougars rally back to sting Yellow Jackets
Bishop McCort rolls over Westmont
In a game matching old city rivals, Bishop McCort and Westmont Hilltop were not only looking for momentum to begin Saturday night’s game at Point Stadium.
Each schools was looking for its first victory to springboard into the second half of the season.
It was the Crushers who came out swinging and hit a home run in the first quarter behind the trio of Luke DiFrancesco, Marc Smith and Levi Cook, as McCort rolled to 35 first-half points en route to a 55-20 homecoming victory over the Hilltoppers.
- More High School Sports Headlines