EASTON — Two eastern Pennsylvania brothers who were rushed from their elementary school to a hospital in September inadvertently took liquid LSD.
Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli said Wednesday that investigators determined the boys ingested the hallucinogenic drug from a bottle of liquid breath mint drops they found on the street near their home.
The boys, ages 7 and 10, showed signs of being sick after arriving at Bangor Elementary School on Sept. 24. Morganelli said they were foaming at the mouth and hallucinating.
The boys were hospitalized and released the following day.
Morganelli said investigators couldn't get fingerprints from the bottle to trace its owner. He said the boys' mother and her live-in boyfriend tested negative for drugs and there were no issues inside the home.