The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown, PA

Latest News

July 16, 2014

Mother, son found dead in York-area home

JACOBUS — Authorities in central Pennsylvania say a mother and her teenage son were found dead in their home, possibly of carbon monoxide poisoning due to a car left running in the garage.

York Area Regional Police say a relative found the bodies of the 44-year-old woman and 14-year-old youth in their beds in the Jacobus home on Wednesday morning.

Coroner Pam Gay said the deaths are not considered suspicious. Two dogs were also found dead, one next to each of the victims.

Gay said it appears that the woman accidentally left a vehicle running in the home’s attached garage. The names of the victims haven’t been released.

Officials said the relative who found the bodies was taken to York Hospital for treatment.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Latest News
Poll

What is the biggest key to reducing gun violence in Johnstown?

Tackling the area's drug problem.
Controlling folks moving into city housing.
Monitoring folks in treatment centers and halfway houses.
Tougher sentencing by the court system.
More police on the streets.

     View Results
Order Photos


Photo Slideshow

House Ads