DOVER — Police in central Pennsylvania are asking the public's help in figuring out who set on fire a bag of dog feces that triggered a minor blaze.
The York Dispatch reported Tuesday that the apparent prank ignited the front door of a home near Dover and caused about $2,000 in damages.
The paper says the fire occurred early Saturday and was discovered when the residents awoke to hear their smoke alarms sounding and their home filling with smoke.
Northern York County Regional Police say no one was injured.
The prank normally involves setting the bag on the front stoop, ringing a doorbell and running, in hopes the person who answers it will stomp on the bag.
In this case, the bag was hung from the doorknob.