What to look for:
• Pale green to brown spots on upper surface of leaves.
• Lesions on leaves.
• Downy white growth may develop.
• Stems, branches and eventually fruit may be infected.
• If suspected, contact county Penn State Cooperative Extension office. Cambria County residents should call 472-7986; Somerset residents, 445-8979
What to do:
• Before symptoms appear, spray with fungicide containing chlorothalonil.
• Most common trade names are: Daconil, Bonide, Fung-onil and Ortho Multi-Purpose Fungicide.
• Reapply every five to seven days through growing season.
• Reapply after significant rain.
• Destroy infested plants.
•Follow label directions, including protective clothing if recommended.