The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown, PA

December 10, 2013

Six treated for carbon monoxide


The Tribune-Democrat

DAVIDSVILLE — Six residents from a retirement community in Conemaugh Township, Somerset County, were taken to the hospital Tuesday after inhaling carbon monoxide, authorities said.

A Somerset 911 report said emergency personnel were called to Laurel View Village in Davidsville at 6 p.m.

Six people were taken to Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown after Conemaugh Township firefighters found signs of carbon monoxide near an industrial dishwasher.

Conemaugh EMS and police responded. Firefighters from Jerome and Scalp Level-Paint also assisted.