The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown, PA

June 28, 2013

East Taylor man accused of rape

Girlfriend also facing charges in incident involving teen

Randy Griffith

— An East Taylor Township man and his girlfriend are in jail on charges he raped a 17-year-old girl and the woman tried to cover up the crime.

Jeffrey M. Knepper, 45, and Rosemary A. Stonerook, 42, both of the 100 block of Bansky Avenue, were arraigned Friday by District Judge Mary Ann Zanghi in Vinco.

East Taylor Township police say the victim told them Knepper entered the bedroom where she was staying in the couple’s home Thursday morning after Stonerook left for work.

Knepper sexually assaulted her, but she was able to get out of the house and go to a relative’s, the criminal complaint said.

She returned to the Bansky Avenue home later Thursday morning and Knepper again accosted her, this time raping her, she told police.

Police said Knepper had been under orders to stay out of the house because of another incident.

But court papers say the 17-year-old told police Stonerook had her go pick up Knepper at his mother’s house on the day the “safety plan” was put into effect by Children and Youth Services.

Stonerook also took the girl’s cellphone and driver’s license and told her to tell police and CYS “as little as possible” to get the case done with, the court papers said.

Knepper is charged with rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault, statutory sexual assault, endangering the welfare of children, sexual assault, indecent assault, indecent exposure, corruption of a minor, harassment and disorderly conduct.

Stonerook is charged with endangering the welfare of children, corruption of a minor, reckless endangerment and hindering apprehension.

Both were taken to Cambria County Prison after failing to post bond.

Knepper’s bail is set at $75,000 and Stonerook’s is set at $50,000.

Additional charges may be forthcoming, East Taylor police Chief Ken Smith said.

The victim reported a similar incident several months ago but then “clammed up,” Smith said.