The 2013 AAABA Ambassador applications are now available to young women at least 17 years old prior to Aug. 5.
The applications can be picked up at most area high schools or the following locations: The Galleria information booth in Richland Township; Greater Johnstown Convention and Visitors Bureau, 111 Roosevelt Blvd.; or the Chamber of Commerce or United Jewelers in downtown Johnstown.
The deadline to apply is May 11.
This year’s tournament will run Aug. 6-10.
Head Start, Pre-K signups scheduled
Applications to enroll children ages 3-5 from low-income families in Community Action Partnership of Cambia County’s Head Start and Pa. Pre-K Counts programs will be held at the following sites:
• Today: 10 a.m. to noon, Highland Community Library, Richland Township, and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Northern Cambria Library.
• Friday: 1 to 3 p.m., Lilly Library, and 2 to 4 p.m., Colver fire hall.
• Tuesday: 10 a.m. to noon, Coopersdale Homes Community Room; 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Gallitzin Library; and 2 to 4 p.m., Oakhurst Homes Community Room.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. to noon, Prospect Homes Community Room, and 2 to 4 p.m., Solomon Homes Community Room.
• April 25: 10 a.m. to noon, Fountain of Life Church, Conemaugh; 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Patton Library; and 2 to 4 p.m., Works of Deliverance Church, Moxham.
• April 30: 10 a.m. to noon, Seventh Ward Ambulance, Cedar Street, Johnstown; 1 to 3 p.m., Uncle Phil’s General Store, Van Ormer; and 2 to 4 p.m., Christ Centered Community Mission, Market Street, Johnstown.
• May 1: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Johnstown City and Salix Head Start Centers.
• May 2: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Johnstown City Head Start Center, and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Admiral Peary and Northern Cambria Head Start centers.
• May 7: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Gallitzin Head Start Center.
Parents are invited to find out what is new with the free preschool programs and see if they meet eligibility guidelines.
They should bring income verification, Social Security numbers, child’s birth certificate, health insurance card and immunization record.