• Stop at least 10 feet away from school buses that have red lights flashing.
• Stop when they are behind a bus, meeting the bus or approaching an intersection where a bus is stopped.
• Stop when following or traveling alongside a school bus until red lights stop flashing and all children have reached safety.
• If physical barriers such as grassy medians separate oncoming traffic, motorists in the opposite lanes may proceed without stopping.
• Penalty for violations are a $250 fine, five points on driving record and 60-day license suspension.