A Central Cambria sixth-grader will face charges in juvenile court for inappropriate contact with several fellow students, Cambria Township police confirmed Tuesday.
Cambria Township police Chief Mark Westrick said he could offer few details but said all parties involved in the alleged incident were “very young, 11- and 12-year-old students” – and that appropriate charges were filed against a youth who is the same age.
Central Cambria school officials initially contacted Cambria Township police about allegations, Superintendent Vincent DiLeo confirmed, a day after several district parents voiced concern that a sixth-grade boy had been abusing fellow male students.
DiLeo said the district was following board policy on the matter and that police were investigating, but could not comment further because the matter involved a young student.
Residents reportedly indicated the youth initially received school suspension for his actions.
Names are not released in juvenile court matters. Typically in such cases, a county hearing is scheduled and the juvenile court oversees the matter from that point on.
Click here to subscribe to The Tribune-Democrat print edition.
Click here to subscribe to The Tribune-Democrat e-edition.