If the Mayans are right, sports editor Mike Kovak and staffer Shawn Curtis reveal their selections for who they'd want to pair up with in surviving the post-apocalyptic life ahead. Until then, they wrap up the high school football season and tackle issues like the departure of seven Big East schools, the Los Angeles Angels' big signing and the return of the McRib. Some Steelers-Cowboys discussion is also tossed in there as well.
- Local Sports
Pirates rally to keep sweep
Taking the extra base was the key for the Pittsburgh Pirates in completing a three-game sweep of the Colorado Rockies.
Andrew McCutchen hit a tiebreaking single in the seventh inning, Neil Walker followed with a home run and the Pirates overcame a three-run deficit to beat the Rockies 5-3 Sunday.
AAABA League playoffs: Laurel Auto Group moves closer to advancing
Second-seeded Laurel Auto Group fell behind early against No. 3 Berkley Hills Renegades on Sunday afternoon at Roxbury Park. But Laurel’s players didn’t lose their composure.
Urtz, Pope lead AAABA League award votes
Logan Urtz hadn’t fielded a ground ball as an infielder or swung a bat in a game for a couple seasons.
But you can’t take the former infielder out of a starting pitcher.
- Martella’s takes two triumphs to secure crown
- Intense camp ends for Tomahawks
- Martella's rallies to win Game 3
- AAABA League game halted in 11th by rain, will resume Sunday evening
- Martella’s ties AAABA series 1-1
- Murin finishes as All-American
- Laurel Auto holds on in Game 1 of AAABA League championship series
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Pirates rally to keep sweep