JOHNSTOWN — Just when you thought you couldn't have any more today, sports editor Mike Kovak and Shawn Curtis give you a heaping helping of what you were missing today: High school football chatter. Join Kovak and Curtis as they roll through the quartet of postseason games this week.
- Local Sports
Pirates rally to keep sweep
Taking the extra base was the key for the Pittsburgh Pirates in completing a three-game sweep of the Colorado Rockies.
Andrew McCutchen hit a tiebreaking single in the seventh inning, Neil Walker followed with a home run and the Pirates overcame a three-run deficit to beat the Rockies 5-3 Sunday.
AAABA League playoffs: Laurel Auto Group moves closer to advancing
Second-seeded Laurel Auto Group fell behind early against No. 3 Berkley Hills Renegades on Sunday afternoon at Roxbury Park. But Laurel’s players didn’t lose their composure.
Urtz, Pope lead AAABA League award votes
Logan Urtz hadn’t fielded a ground ball as an infielder or swung a bat in a game for a couple seasons.
But you can’t take the former infielder out of a starting pitcher.
- Martella’s Pharmacy, LAG name AAABA pickup players
- Martella’s takes two triumphs to secure crown
- Intense camp ends for Tomahawks
- Martella's rallies to win Game 3
- AAABA League game halted in 11th by rain, will resume Sunday evening
- Martella’s ties AAABA series 1-1
- Murin finishes as All-American
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Pirates rally to keep sweep