PITTSBURGH — t has been 20 years since Pirates fans had to give serious thought to purchasing postseason tickets. Now, they do, and Monday the Pirates released details of how such tickets will be sold.
"This has been a special season filled with many great moments. As we look forward to the opportunity to play games at PNC Park in October, we are excited to offer this postseason ticket opportunity as yet another benefit to our loyal season ticket holders," Pirates president Frank Coonelly said in a statement.
Here are the details:
• Current season-ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase postseason tickets, which includes all potential home games at PNC Park in each of the wild card, National League Division Series, National League Championship Series and World Series.
• Pirates full season, 41-game, 20-game and 10-game season-ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase postseason tickets before the fans who have placed a deposit on tickets for the 2014 season and the general public.
• The deadline for all season-ticket holders to submit their paid invoices for 2013 postseason tickets is 5 p.m. Sept. 6.
• In addition to first priority, current season-ticket holders also will receive the largest discount in prices. Those with 41-game and 20-game packages will be offered a discount ranging from 21 percent to 31 percent over the individual postseason ticket price.
• Requests from 10-game season-ticket holders will be filled based on availability in one of five seating locations and invoices must be paid in full at the time of the request.
• Subject to availability, current full-season, 41-game and 20-game plan holders will have the opportunity to purchase an equal number of additional strips as number of seats in their accounts, subject to a maximum of four additional strips per account. For example, if a season-ticket holder has two seats for the regular season, they will be offered the opportunity to purchase an additional two strips (four strips in total). If the season-ticket holder has eight seats in their regular-season plan, they will be offered the opportunity to purchase an additional four strips (or a maximum of 12).