Delweld 3, Martella’s Pharmacy 2: Marcus Shippey held Martella’s Pharmacy to one hit and struck out seven while Zach Solarczyk singled in the game-winning run in the seventh to help Delweld remain unbeaten on Wednesday.
Ian Helsel, Josh Staniscia, Josh Robinette and Devon Fritz each had two hits in the win at Roxbury Park.
Matt McMillen led off the Martella’s third with his club’s lone hit.
Delweld 3, First Commonwealth 1: Matt Martin’s two RBI led the way for Delweld as it topped First Commonwealth Bank in Tuesday’s late game at Point Stadium. Austin Sleek went 2-for-2 for Delweld, which received a combined two-hitter from Ben Legath and Brad Ditzler.
Cody Mickus and Jay Pudliner each had a hit for First Commonwealth.
Bedford 13, Cernic’s 2 (5): In Johnstown, a seven-run rally in the fifth helped the guest Hurricanes bring an early end to their contest at Franklin Field.
Isaac Stern (three runs), Koby Blevins and Isaac Kline each had two hits for Bedford.
Johnny Sheesley doubled and drove in a run for Cernic’s.
Ebensburg 10, Portage 6: In Revloc, Scott Lucas, Josh Surkovich, Tom Howell, Troy Templeton and Caleb Palko each had two hits and host Ebensburg scored three runs in the first, fourth and fifth innings to down Portage.
Charles Miller had two hits to lead Portage.
- Bruins battle past Penguins
- Steelers looking to move past Thanksgiving loss, sideline gaffe
- UPJ shows well in PSAC wrestling tournament
- Woodley ready to return after missing past three weeks
- Pitt stays unbeaten with victory over visiting LMU
- Historic Somerset County speedway receives new life
- Edwards honored by ECHL
- Kunitz pots pair of goals as Penguins drub Sharks
- Heyward growing into key role with Steelers
Tomlin hit with $100G fine
Here’s another adjective Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin can call his ill-timed two-step onto the field last Thursday night against Baltimore.
- More Sports Headlines