It's been too long since sports editor Mike Kovak and staffer Shawn Curtis sat down for a podcast. The duo returns with basketball chatter, a quick thought about spicing up Kovak's Athlete of the Week features and a bit of Super Bowl discussion.
NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
The NCAA agreed Tuesday to settle a class-action head-injury lawsuit by creating a $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes to determine if they suffered brain trauma playing football, hockey, soccer and other contact sports.
Big Ten commissioner voices support for Penn State's handling of Sandusky situation, non-committal on reducing sanctions
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany took a non-committal stance on an effort by five Pennsylvania Congressmen to rescind sanctions against Penn State for its handling of the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal.
- Worley tosses 4-hitter, Pirates beat Giants
- Who's on your AAABA Mount Rushmore?
- Martella’s Pharmacy, LAG name AAABA pickup players
- Steelers, Roethlisberger likely to reach agreement
- Spence triumphs over knee injury
- Playoffs, autonomy, unionization on Big Ten agenda
- No commitment from Delaney on Penn State sanctions
Steelers' Wheaton eyes chance after tough rookie year
Markus Wheaton realizes the pressure is there, but he doesn’t mind. The Pittsburgh Steelers’ second-year wide receiver figures to be the best shot to replace departed starter Emmanuel Sanders.
- More Sports Headlines
- NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules