The field is set for the annual Point Stadium Award with the final monthly nomination for November.
Bishop McCort receiver-defensive back Luke DiFrancesco earned the monthly Point Stadium Award for November based on his three-touchdown, two interception performance in Friday’s 45-6 victory over Northern Cambria in a District 6 Class A semifinal playoff contest.
DiFrancesco had a 55-yard TD reception, a 56-yard punt return for a score, and a 29-yard pick-six interception.
Just as significant, DiFrancesco had an early interception inside the 5-yard line to halt a Northern Cambria drive set up by a McCort fumble at the Crushers’ 32-yard line.
DiFrancesco joins a group of athletes who will be recognized during the annual Point Stadium Award banquet at 6:15 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 28 at The Ace’s in Cambria City.
The monthly nominees for the annual Point Stadium Award and $1,000 scholarship are:
* February: Drew Westover, Pitt-Johnstown baseball
* March: Drew Ebersole, Pitt-Johnstown baseball
* April: Jesse Cooper, Bishop McCort baseball
* May: Justin Vardian, Bishop McCort baseball
* June: Mike Nowicki, Laurel Auto Group baseball
* July: Nate Spohn, Berkley Hills Renegades baseball
* August: Josh Staniscia, Martella’s Pharmacy baseball
* September: Gap Barbin, Bishop McCort football
* October: Colby Warshel, Richland football; and Jordan Spangler, Bishop McCort football
* November: DiFrancesco.
Bishop McCort’s Ryan Siwy earned Point Stadium Play of the Month for his key interception in the 6-A semifinal win over the Colts. Siwy batted a ball into the air and made the pick on the second play of the third quarter.
The nominees for Point Stadium Play of the Year are:
* April (co-winners): Drew Westover, Pitt-Johnstown and Nemo Trexler, Bishop McCort
* May: Patrick Callahan, Conemaugh Valley
* June: Brett Marabito, Berkley Hills Renegades
* July: Jimmy Stenger, Martella’s Pharmacy
* August (co-winners): Matt Kastelic, Berkley Hills Renegades and Luke Williams, Martella’s Pharmacy
* September: (co-winners): Quarterback Aaron Henry and receiver Cody Blevins, Bedford High
* October: Philip Madison, Greater Johnstown
* November: Siwy.
For information about purchasing banquet tickets or advertising in the banquet program, call 255-3758. Tickets can also be purchased by calling The Ace’s at 536-4176.