Delweld 7, Berkley Hills Renegades 2: Luke Campbell belted a two-run homer over the left field screen in the top of the seventh to put an exclamation point on Monday’s Delweld victory over Berkley Hills Renegades in the early game at Point Stadium.
Delweld, which remained unbeaten (10-0), also got two hits each from Eric Weyant, Ian Helsel and Josh Staniscia. Weyant scored twice while Helsel, Staniscia and Drew Hemminger, who had a double, all scored once.
Nate Campbell and Dan Gray each had two hits for the Renegades, who got a double apiece from Rick Jones and Jake Pribanic.
Patton 13-0, Ebensburg 8-3: In Revloc, Josh Bonatesta drove in five runs and Cody Baker picked up the win in relief as Patton rallied for six runs after two outs in the seventh to down Ebensburg in the first game of a doubleheader Sunday.
The hosts won the second game getting a complete game shutout from Troy Templeton.
Update: NFL fines Tomlin $100,000
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has been fined $100,000 for interfering with a play against the Baltimore Ravens on Thanksgiving.
- Pitt pulls away to drop Penn State
- Pens sink Islanders with clutch goals
- Tomlin calls sideline gaffe unintentional, inexcusable
- Steelers' Bell considers self ‘lucky’ after hit
- Steelers see ‘no intent’ in Tomlin’s wayward walk
Pirates acquire catcher from Yankees
The Pittsburgh Pirates acquired catcher Chris Stewart from the New York Yankees on Monday for a player to be named.
- Penn State shows knack for bouncing back
- Pitt tops Duquesne for 13th straight win in City Game
- Penguins light up Panthers
- More Sports Headlines
- Update: NFL fines Tomlin $100,000