UPJ defeats West Virginia
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – UPJ sophomore Bryan Albright had two goals and two assists in the Ice Cats’ 8-5 victory against West Virginia on Saturday.
The Ice Cats scored five power play goals.
Sophomore Troy Schall had two goals and one assist for three points. Other UPJ scorers were Derek Grove, Travis Clark, Austin Smay and Wayne David.
The Ice Cats are home today against Robert Morris University at 1:15 p.m. at the War Memorial.
UPJ splits at Susquehanna
SELINSGROVE – Karen Schmidt combined for 36 kills, and Beth Kendera had 25 kills to help the Lady Cat volleyball team split a pair of matches at Saturday's Susquehanna University Crusader Classic.
Pitt-Johnstown defeated Susquehanna, 3-1 (26-24, 25-20, 24-26), but suffered a 3-2 loss (22-25, 27-25, 17-25, 27-25, 8-15) to Catholic (D.C.) University. The Lady Cats are now 9-5.
The Lady Cats continue a stretch of six straight road matches at Seton Hill on Wednesday.
Pitt's Donald named college football's best defender
Aaron Donald called it the perfect birthday present for his father.
- Penguins edge out Blue Jackets in bounce-back win
- Steelers’ playoff hopes all but gone
- Steelers lose grip of fourth-quarter lead
- CORY ISENBERG| Tourney maintains tradition
- Bylsma: Orpik concussed after incident in Boston
- PSU staves off Georgetown
- Bruins battle past Penguins
- Steelers looking to move past Thanksgiving loss, sideline gaffe
- UPJ shows well in PSAC wrestling tournament
- More Sports Headlines
- Pitt's Donald named college football's best defender