Even in his most dominant years, Nolan Ryan was never known for his pinpoint control. The all-time Major League leader in strikeouts -- and walks -- threw out the ceremonial first pitch this week before the Houston Astros' opener against the New York Yankees. It did not go well.
Nolan Ryan's wild first pitch
Bell planning to do better
There were times during his rookie season when the Pittsburgh Steelers running back would place his hand on an offensive lineman’s back and wait patiently for the hole to open.
- Boilers advance in Pony series
NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
The NCAA agreed Tuesday to settle a class-action head-injury lawsuit by creating a $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes to determine if they suffered brain trauma playing football, hockey, soccer and other contact sports.
- Who's on your AAABA Mount Rushmore?
Big Ten commissioner voices support for Penn State's handling of Sandusky situation, non-committal on reducing sanctions
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany took a non-committal stance on an effort by five Pennsylvania Congressmen to rescind sanctions against Penn State for its handling of the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal.
- Worley tosses 4-hitter, Pirates beat Giants
- Martella’s Pharmacy, LAG name AAABA pickup players
- Steelers, Roethlisberger likely to reach agreement
- Spence triumphs over knee injury
- Playoffs, autonomy, unionization on Big Ten agenda
- More Sports Headlines
- Bell planning to do better