Man in Black
“Ring of Fire: The Music of Johnny Cash” will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center, Richland Township.
The musical revue is produced by Troupe America Inc., and Cash is not impersonated during the show.
Tickets are $35 and $39.
Information: 269-7200 or www.upjarts.org.
The 43rd annual Holly Bazaar will showcase holiday crafts Saturday through Dec. 24 at Community Arts Center of Cambria County, 1217 Menoher Blvd., Westmont.
The 11th annual Basket Bonanza will feature 90 baskets, with tickets available for $5.
The annual book sale will include new and used books.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
Admission is free.
Taste of mystery
“Death by Dessert” will be served at 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Bishop McCort Catholic High School’s Bach Center gymnasium, Osborne Street in the 8th Ward section of Johnstown.
Audience members will be served a spaghetti dinner with dessert as customers in the restaurant in the play, and each table must cast a vote for whodunnit.
In addition to acting in the murder mystery, students will prepare and serve the dinner and perform dinner music.
Tickets are $20, and seating is limited.
The fifth annual Pumpkin Patch Blast gymnastics competition will be held from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. today through Sunday at TNT Gymnastics at Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center, 445 Schoolhouse Road, Richland Township.
The event is hosted by TNT Rocket Boosters, and will feature individual and team gymnasts from five states.
Proceeds will allow TNT Gymnastics to purchase uniforms and equipment.
Admission is $7 for adults and $3 for children, with a weekend pass available for $12.
Information: 269-4101 or www.TNTgymPA.com.
The 17th annual Veterans Day Parade will begin at 4 p.m. Monday at Main and Union streets in downtown Johnstown and proceed up Main Street to Clinton Street, where it will disband.
The parade is organized by the Conemaugh Valley Veterans and will feature military vehicles, veterans organizations, marching bands and Scout troops.
A program will be held in Central Park after the parade.
Veterans of the Korean War will be honored because this year marks the 60th anniversary of the armistice that ended fighting in the Korean War.
Man in Black
- What's Happening
Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight
People yearning to become successful filmmakers have an opportunity to showcase their talents during the seventh annual Johnstown Film Festival. Johnstown Area Heritage Association’s festival will be held tonight through Saturday (June 6-9) and will feature a mix of film shorts – documentaries, experimental films, narratives and comedies.
- There's lots of holiday happenings
- Model-train enthusiasts setting up annual display at retirement community
- Holiday celebration | St. Nicholas Feast will highlight Wintergarden at Grand Halle
- Welcoming the holidays | Johnstown’s Light-Up Night, Hometown Christmas Parade set for Friday in the downtown
- Kids Onstage bringing ‘Annie’ to Westmont Hilltop High School
- Look what's happening this weekend
- Look who is coming to downtown Johnstown
- ‘It will be like an artists’ boutique’ | Mixed-media exhibition opens Friday at Art Works
- Mozart's music | Johnstown Symphony’s ‘A Night With Amadeus’ to feature its chorus, vocal soloists
- More What's Happening Headlines
- Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight