“A Night With Amadeus” will be performed by Johnstown Symphony Orchestra at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center, Richland Township.
The concert will feature four soloists and Johnstown Symphony Chorus.
Tickets are $37 and $32.
Information: 269-7200, 535-6738 or www.johnstownsymphony.org.
“Wonderful Whimsy IV,” a mixed-media exhibition, will be on display today throug Jan. 7 at Art Works in Johns-town! 413 Third Ave. in the Cambria City section of Johnstown.
A two-part opening reception will be held from 6 to 9 tonight and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Guests will be able to purchase items from the exhibit or displayed at the table for holiday shopping.
Information: 535-2020 or www.artworksinjohnstown.org.
A Healing Arts Conference, sponsored by Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, will be held today and Saturday on the campus of St. Francis University, Loretto.
The conference will focus on how the arts can be beneficial to those on the autism spectrum.
There will be a dinner and keynote address today at the museum, and presentations Saturday by musician Jim Donovan, storyteller Jan Kinney and visual artist Alison Zapata at the DiSepio Institute for Rural Health & Wellness.
The cost is $125 per person or $50 for students.
Industrial Heritage Bus Tours will be held Saturday and Sunday beginning at the Heritage Discovery Center, 201 Sixth Ave. in the Cambria City section of Johnstown.
The tours are offered by Johnstown Area Heritage Association and the National Park Service.
Organizers said tours are close to capacity, so call ahead to reserve a space.
The cost is $20 for JAHA members or $25 for nonmembers.
Wine and crafts
The first Windber Winter Wine Fest will be held in two tasting sessions from 1 to 4 and 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Windber Community Building, 1605 Graham Ave., Windber.
There will be six Pennsylvania wineries and 15 to 20 artisans and crafters.
Proceeds will benefit Windber Municipal Authority.
Tickets are $20; designated driver, $10.
Information: 467-6696 or www.windberrec.com.
The 11th annual Turkey Trotter Dance will be held from 6 p.m. to midnight Saturday at Richland Township Firemen’s Banquet Facility, 1321 Scalp Ave.
The fundraiser benefits the Alleghenies United Cerebral Palsy Foundation.
Tickets are $25.
Information: 262-9600 or 877-371-1110.
- What's Happening
Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight
People yearning to become successful filmmakers have an opportunity to showcase their talents during the seventh annual Johnstown Film Festival. Johnstown Area Heritage Association’s festival will be held tonight through Saturday (June 6-9) and will feature a mix of film shorts – documentaries, experimental films, narratives and comedies.
- There's lots of holiday happenings
- Model-train enthusiasts setting up annual display at retirement community
- Holiday celebration | St. Nicholas Feast will highlight Wintergarden at Grand Halle
- Welcoming the holidays | Johnstown’s Light-Up Night, Hometown Christmas Parade set for Friday in the downtown
- Kids Onstage bringing ‘Annie’ to Westmont Hilltop High School
- Look what's happening this weekend
- Look who is coming to downtown Johnstown
- ‘It will be like an artists’ boutique’ | Mixed-media exhibition opens Friday at Art Works
- Mozart's music | Johnstown Symphony’s ‘A Night With Amadeus’ to feature its chorus, vocal soloists
- More What's Happening Headlines
- Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight