FRIDAY, NOV. 4
“Canterville Ghost,” the Oscar Wilde story adapted by Tim Kelly, will be presented by the Bishop McCort Catholic High School Drama Club at 7 tonight and Saturday at the Guzzi Performing Arts Center at the high school, 25 Osborne St. in the 8th Ward section of Johnstown.
Tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for students.
The ninth annual Art of Wine and Fashion fundraiser, “SAMA Speakeasy,” will be held at 7 tonight at Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Altoona, 1210 11th Ave., Altoona.
The fundraiser will begin with a champagne reception, hors d’oeuvres and live music at the museum, then move next door to The Columns for a buffet dinner, silent auction, wine samplings and a fashion show featuring vintage ensembles.
Tickets are $75 per person, and dress for the event is vintage inspired.
Information: 946-4464 or www.sama-art.org.
link from calendar
FRIDAY, NOV. 4
- What's Happening
Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight
People yearning to become successful filmmakers have an opportunity to showcase their talents during the seventh annual Johnstown Film Festival. Johnstown Area Heritage Association’s festival will be held tonight through Saturday (June 6-9) and will feature a mix of film shorts – documentaries, experimental films, narratives and comedies.
- There's lots of holiday happenings
- Model-train enthusiasts setting up annual display at retirement community
- Holiday celebration | St. Nicholas Feast will highlight Wintergarden at Grand Halle
- Welcoming the holidays | Johnstown’s Light-Up Night, Hometown Christmas Parade set for Friday in the downtown
- Kids Onstage bringing ‘Annie’ to Westmont Hilltop High School
- Look what's happening this weekend
- Look who is coming to downtown Johnstown
- ‘It will be like an artists’ boutique’ | Mixed-media exhibition opens Friday at Art Works
- Mozart's music | Johnstown Symphony’s ‘A Night With Amadeus’ to feature its chorus, vocal soloists
- More What's Happening Headlines
- Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight