SUNDAY, NOV 6
“Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” will be presented by River City Brass Band at 3 p.m. Sunday at Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center, Richland Township.
Tickets are $23 and $25.
Information: (412) 434-7222, (800) 292-7222 or www.rivercitybrass.org.
A basket party to benefit the YWCA of Greater Johnstown will be held beginning at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at St. Therese Roman Catholic Church social hall, 536 Decker Ave. in the West End section of Johnstown.
Lunch will be served at 12:30, with the basket drawing beginning at 2.
The cost is $8 for 25 basket tickets and lunch.
Additional basket tickets are available for $5.
A basket party to benefit First Presbyterian Church’s free Thanksgiving dinner will be held Sunday at Richland fire hall, 1321 Scalp Ave., Richland Township.
Doors will open at 1 p.m., and drawings will begin at 2:30.
The church’s family-style dinner will be served beginning at noon Nov. 24.
Those interested in attending are asked to call the church to make reservations.
A Fall Basket Auction and Raffle will be held from 11:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m. Sunday at St. John’s Byzantine Catholic Church, 719 Chestnut Ave., Northern Cambria.
There will be free desserts and refreshments.
Bad hat day
“Madeline and the Bad Hat” will be presented as part of the Coal-ala Bear Series for Children at 2 p.m. Sunday at Arcadia Theater, 1418 Graham Ave., Windber.
Tickets are $6.
Beat goes on
A drum circle will be held at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Bottle Works Ethnic Arts Center, 411 Third Ave. in the Cambria City section of Johnstown.
Those interested in joining the circle do not need experience in music to participate.
Facilitator Rachel Allen is trained in West African, Middle Eastern and many other cultural traditions.
The cost is $5 per person.
Arts and music
An Arts and Cultural Celebration will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the ski lodge at Hidden Valley Resort, One Craighead Drive, Hidden Valley.
The event will feature more than 30 juried artisan exhibits, hourly demonstrations, food booths and music.
An autumn wine dinner will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Clock Tower Restaurant.
Dinner reservations are $64.95.
Pittsburgh jazz musician Kenny Blake will perform at noon Sunday and Laurel Highlands’ duo Tim Roberts and Stacey Meyers will perform at 2.
Admission is free for the celebration.
Information: www.hiddenvalleyresort.com or 443-8000.
link from calendar
SUNDAY, NOV 6
- What's Happening
Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight
People yearning to become successful filmmakers have an opportunity to showcase their talents during the seventh annual Johnstown Film Festival. Johnstown Area Heritage Association’s festival will be held tonight through Saturday (June 6-9) and will feature a mix of film shorts – documentaries, experimental films, narratives and comedies.
- There's lots of holiday happenings
- Model-train enthusiasts setting up annual display at retirement community
- Holiday celebration | St. Nicholas Feast will highlight Wintergarden at Grand Halle
- Welcoming the holidays | Johnstown’s Light-Up Night, Hometown Christmas Parade set for Friday in the downtown
- Kids Onstage bringing ‘Annie’ to Westmont Hilltop High School
- Look what's happening this weekend
- Look who is coming to downtown Johnstown
- ‘It will be like an artists’ boutique’ | Mixed-media exhibition opens Friday at Art Works
- Mozart's music | Johnstown Symphony’s ‘A Night With Amadeus’ to feature its chorus, vocal soloists
- More What's Happening Headlines
- Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight