THURSDAY, NOV. 10
A book signing for “Always a Soldier But Never G.I.” by Johnstown resident Emmett T. Lang will be held at noon Thursday at Cambria County Library, 248 Main St., downtown Johnstown.
The program is free and open to the public.
King for a day
“A Conversation with George III” will be presented by John R. Hamant of Colonial Williamsburg at 7 p.m. Thursday at Fort Ligonier Museum.
A reception will be held at 6:15.
This year marks the 250th anniversary of the Coronation of George III, known as America’s last king.
Hamant’s lifelong interest in history prompted him to turn from a full-time acting career to the educational efforts of the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
Advance reservations are required.
Information: (724) 238-9701 or www.fortligonier.org.
link from calendar
THURSDAY, NOV. 10
- What's Happening
Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight
People yearning to become successful filmmakers have an opportunity to showcase their talents during the seventh annual Johnstown Film Festival. Johnstown Area Heritage Association’s festival will be held tonight through Saturday (June 6-9) and will feature a mix of film shorts – documentaries, experimental films, narratives and comedies.
- There's lots of holiday happenings
- Model-train enthusiasts setting up annual display at retirement community
- Holiday celebration | St. Nicholas Feast will highlight Wintergarden at Grand Halle
- Welcoming the holidays | Johnstown’s Light-Up Night, Hometown Christmas Parade set for Friday in the downtown
- Kids Onstage bringing ‘Annie’ to Westmont Hilltop High School
- Look what's happening this weekend
- Look who is coming to downtown Johnstown
- ‘It will be like an artists’ boutique’ | Mixed-media exhibition opens Friday at Art Works
- Mozart's music | Johnstown Symphony’s ‘A Night With Amadeus’ to feature its chorus, vocal soloists
- More What's Happening Headlines
- Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight