BY RUTH RICE
When B.E. Taylor brings his Christmas show to Johnstown, it will be a very important performance.
“I treat every show like it’s the most important,” Taylor said. “We perform like the audience has never seen the show before and will never see it again. On Dec. 8, that will be our most important show.”
B.E. Taylor Christmas will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8 at Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center, Richland Township.
Taylor takes well-known Christmas songs and puts his own spin on them, what some have called “Taylorizing.”
His arrangements go across the board from pop to ballads to island music.
“We have nine performers on the stage that I’ve worked with for years,” Taylor said. “We have a strong vocal performance and a strong visual, too.”
In every performance, Taylor includes a local high school drum line in the show.
“It ties into the community,” he said. “These are their kids. The drum line plays one song with us, then we feature them in whatever they want to do.”
The drum line for the local concert will be from Greater Johnstown High School.
The choir from Aliquippa Church in the Round, Beaver County, also will take part in the show.
“They do about seven shows with us,” Taylor said. “Aliquippa is where I’m from. At this time of year, it’s hard to find a choir available that can get it done. They do six or seven songs with us at the end, and it brings the house down.”
Taylor considers his Christmas concert a bright spot in a negative world and hopes to make the Johnstown show an annual event.
While his Christmas concert has received rave reviews, the most important thing to Taylor is the audience.
BY RUTH RICE
- What's Happening
Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight
People yearning to become successful filmmakers have an opportunity to showcase their talents during the seventh annual Johnstown Film Festival. Johnstown Area Heritage Association’s festival will be held tonight through Saturday (June 6-9) and will feature a mix of film shorts – documentaries, experimental films, narratives and comedies.
- There's lots of holiday happenings
- Model-train enthusiasts setting up annual display at retirement community
- Holiday celebration | St. Nicholas Feast will highlight Wintergarden at Grand Halle
- Welcoming the holidays | Johnstown’s Light-Up Night, Hometown Christmas Parade set for Friday in the downtown
- Kids Onstage bringing ‘Annie’ to Westmont Hilltop High School
- Look what's happening this weekend
- Look who is coming to downtown Johnstown
- ‘It will be like an artists’ boutique’ | Mixed-media exhibition opens Friday at Art Works
- Mozart's music | Johnstown Symphony’s ‘A Night With Amadeus’ to feature its chorus, vocal soloists
- More What's Happening Headlines
- Captured on film | Annual Johnstown movie festival kicks off tonight