WINDBER — NATTA – Ralph, 70, Windber, died June 27, 2013, at Memorial Medical Center. Born Sept. 4, 1942, in Windber, son of the late Joseph and Mayme (Shaffer) Natta. Also preceded in death by infant sister, Mary; and sister, Anna Fetzer. Survived by son, Ralph, and special friend, Becky Heggi; and daughter, Robin Knappenberger, both of Windber. Grandfather to Aryka and Hannah Knappenberger. Brother of John, and wife, Janet; Joe, and wife, Hilda; and Thomas (Debbie), all of Johnstown; Nick, and special friend, Pat, Windber; Nancy, wife of Dan Varner, Ohio; Rich, and wife, Cathy, South Fork; and Barbara Natta, Michigan. Also survived by many nieces, nephews, friends. Ralph was a member of Slovak Club, LOOM, American Legion, VFW and Polish Falcons, all of Windber. Former bartender at Zeigler’s. Navy veteran. Member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Windber, where funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, Father Adrian, TOR, celebrant, followed by military rites at church. Family will receive friends from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Meek & Dalla Valle Funeral Home Inc., Windber. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to his family. The family would like to express their appreciation to 10th floor Rose-Ashman, and the palliative care unit of Memorial Medical Center for their care and concern during Ralph’s illness.
- Tribune-Democrat News Slideshow
- Latest News
- Local News
Teen shot in Oakhurst
A 16-year-old New Jersey boy was taken to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center on Thursday after being shot three times in the Oakhurst section of Johnstown.
- Audit: City overspent by $700G in 2013
- Guilty plea in hammer death
- Events to mark anniversary of Quecreek rescue
- Accused Hornerstown shooter will stand trial
- Teen shot in Oakhurst
- Martella’s, Laurel Auto set to clash for AAABA League title
- Laurel Auto holds on in Game 1 of AAABA League championship series
- Who's on your AAABA Mount Rushmore?
- MIKE MASTOVICH | Stennett’s feat still recalled decades later
- WRESTLING: Central Cambria's Murin reaches national final